Monday, August 1, 2011

Construction again (RE-construction, if you will)



In case anyone was wondering, no, the continuing ed class did not make. We actually had fewer people show up for the second class than we did for the first. They are, however, going to offer it again this fall. The program director said fall enrollment is usually a good deal higher than summer, so there is still a chance.



As far as what has been going on for the past few weeks, I have been doing a lot of moving stuff around, a lot of building and a lot of spending a week in Branson. Ok, only a week of spending a week in Branson, but you get the idea. That was a big family vacation thing (15 people!). Hectic, but enjoyable.


Most of my time has been spent renovating the studio. I decided to claim more of the garage and get things set up proper. Not a lot to say about it, but here are a few pictures of how things have been going.



Old Studio Set-up



Creating more space



Creating more mess



Still a mess



And here is the latest thing I have been working on.



Truck full of junk


To the untrained eye this is a truck full of junk. But to the discerning individual this is...well it is still a truck full of junk, but junk with potential. Actually this is an old set of cabinets, sink and counter top that I got hold of. Storage space was a problem with the old set up. I ended up having tools and what-not stacked everywhere, taking up space I needed to work. Hopefully this will remedy that situation.




Beginning of the end of disorganization...maybe


The cabinets were not in the greatest of condition, so I have spent a lot of time and a lot of scrap lumber getting them reinforced and such. As of now I have all the base cabinets in and the wall cabinets should be ready to go up today. I plan on repainting them since they are currently a dirty 70's brown. It is an extra step, but I know they will bug me every day if I don't repaint them.


I have also been working on a new chicken coop that I will be able to move around the yard. More on that later though. Right now I have to pick up some lumber and such to finish said coop before getting after those cabinets again.


I just saw an owl riding in the back of a pick-up truck.



-Rob

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's great you are getting more room in your studio! Your work will pay off big-time! You already have more room than I do, but hey not really because I now "own" the dinning room as studio space! My husband said just leave him a path to the tv and he would be ok, lol. Seriously, an owl in a truck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, the old studio shot, what kind of hound do you have? Always awesome to see what your busy self is up to Rob :)

    ReplyDelete