I have been trying to post this for a while, but have not found the time. Now I am finally getting around to it, so here is what has happened in the past three days since I started writing this post.
Friday I cleaned up the bisque ware and got everything waxed and ready to glaze. It is a pretty good load of stuff; a lot of tumblers and whiskey cups, some bowls, some mugs and a few new vases.
Unfortunately they will both need to be re-fired (or something) since the wire sagged quite a bit and the bottom of the ornaments stuck to the cylinders. As a result I constructed ornament hangers 2.0.
Saturday was spent in Halloween endeavors. I was going to write a bit about all that here, but I think I will save that for a different post later tonight or tomorrow.
Sunday (after sleeping in for a good spell) I glazed everything and got the kiln loaded and firing. I have a couple glaze tests in there; just some different clears and a satin to play around with. I am trying not to be too anxious to pop it open. It is currently at 650 or so, so I should be able to unload this evening some time.
Now I have to get stuff ready for a show this weekend. It is at a smaller college (Southern Illinois College) in Harrisburg, IL. The spaces (if I remember correctly) are only 5.5 by 10, so I am imagining a big room, foyer, etc just lined with a bunch of tables. I am going to have to rework my display to fit the space but keep it looking professional. It bothers me when I go to craft fairs and it looks like vendors just set up a table and threw their wares out there.
Today I am working on a set of shelves that will sit on top of the table. I will probably take a couple of pedestals as well. If I have time I will tackle the problem of proper table cloths and a better looking sign. Of course that will be between unloading and cleaning the new work, taking pictures, inventory and pricing, etc, etc. I will try to take more pictures of everything and get them up here. Until then.