Sunday, April 12, 2009

A new home for Simple Circle Studios

Wow! Somehow I managed to let two weeks slip by without posting anything! I can’t say that I have been terribly busy, although I have had some things going on. Most notably of which, I got a new studio! That’s right, a new studio…well, sort of a new studio…ok so it is really more of a little shed, but a shed where I make pottery! Sure, it doesn’t have electricity so I have to run an extension cord 40 feet from my garage to be able to throw or listen to music or have light. And sure it might not have insulation and only one tiny window, so it is going to be terribly hot in the summer and unbearably cold in the winter. And perhaps it does not really have quite enough space for all my studio equipment (the kilns are still in the garage). No, it is not perfect, but definetely a good start for a studio. No grills, bikes, tools, lawnmowers, etc, just pottery. (Ok, maybe some chickens, but on the outside and probably not for a while.)

The new home of Simple Circle Studios! Sure, it may look like just a shed on cinder blocks, but...ok, it's pretty much just a shed on cinder blocks.

The inner sanctum; my escape from the hurly burly of life...I think it needs a fern.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great amigo. My first studio, for TEN years, was 7 x 12 feet, AND had 2 small kilns in it. You do what you have to do for the pots, and your space is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have something like this! You are very lucky. I am just getting my first kiln tomorrow and still need to figure out how to keep it out of the elements. It's going on our covered back porch for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new kiln, Katie. It is rather ironic that you posted this when you did, though, as I just moved all of my stuff out of the shed to due lack of space for other stuff. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete