Saturday, February 21, 2009

Impetus

I have finally gotten around to setting up a blog...not that I am excited about it. The whole idea of devoting time to using the computer irks me. But I suppose it is necessary in this day and age, damn progress. And I suppose it will serve some purpose. Lately I have been attempting to get my work in front of the public more, which for me right now means working on my website, setting up a blog and looking into Etsy.

And this will also serve as an impetus to be more consistent with working in the studio. The plan is to post on here at least once a week, which means I will have to accomplish something worth posting every week. A daunting task, I know, but we'll give it a shot.

Which leads us to my most recent accomplishment...


...a clean studio. I have always found it kind of difficult to work when the studio is a mess. And since this is really just a corner of a cluttered garage it is distracting if it is even a little messy. Hopefully one day I will have a separate studio, but for now I will have to keep my corner as tidy as possible.

These are a few mugs I was working on today while trying not to be sick (it is just a head cold, but still irritating). I have been working with some sgraffitto on my latest work. On these I carved through white porcelain slip (brown stoneware underneath), then painted the incised lines with under glaze. Probably not the easiest way to do things, but I've never been accused of doing things the easy way. The imagery is all pirate based; pieces of eight & ships & parrots & all that. Not sure why; it just kind of happened.

Any way, I guess that is enough for now. Hopefully I will have more to talk about next week. Bis spater.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a clean studio and a new blog. Love that matt gray/black pitcher and cups on your website.

    ReplyDelete